Stem cell Therapy For Premature Ovarian Failure
Ovaries usually produce hormones and eggs until the early fifties, but in some cases, women can enter early menopause because of Ovarian Insufficiency or Failure (POF) and they enter menopause.
signs and symptoms :
- Irregular or skipped periods, which might be present for years or develop after a pregnancy or after stopping birth control pills
- Difficulty getting pregnant
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Dry eyes
- Irritability or difficulty concentrating
- Decreased sexual desire
- Genetic disorders are associated with primary ovarian insufficiency.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Cigarette smoke, chemicals, pesticides and viruses.
- immune system response to ovarian tissue
- Age. The risk goes up between ages 35 and 40.
- Family history. of Primary Ovarian Insufficiency increases the risk.
- Surgeries involving the ovaries increase the risk of POI.
- Infertility Inability to get pregnant.
- Osteoporosis Low levels of estrogen increase the risk .
- Depression or anxiety related to risk of infertility and complications from estrogen level.
- Heart disease Early loss of estrogen might increase the risk.
Stem Cell Therapy the Procedure
- collection of only 20 cc of fat biopsy
- isolation and expansion of the stem cells (in two weeks)
- treatment: intra-ovarian injection of Stem cells
- the cells not utilized are cryopreserved and can be used for other treatments
Results & References
- “After MSC therapy, the sizes of the ovaries returned to normal and the endometrial thickness was increased, along with rich endometrial blood flow, suggesting that stem cell therapy may be an effective therapeutic strategy for the treatment of POF”
- “stem cell transplantation not only resulted in improvement of the hormonal profile of a POF patient but also in the resuming of menstruation and the occurrence of pregnancy, resulting in the delivery of a full-term healthy infant”
EXPERIMENTAL AND THERAPEUTIC MEDICINE 15: 4105-4118, 2018
- It is evident that stem cell therapies have potential in treating POI. Stem cells and their exosomes, including content such as miRNAs, show positive effects in enhancing and restoring various aspects of ovarian function, such as folliculogenesis, the GC apoptosis rate, vascular formation, and genetic stability.
J Ovarian Res. 2020; 13: 74
this treatment still is investigational and is being done only on clinical trials or patient request knowing that we don’t guarantee the outcome .for more details book appointment by whatsapp button below .